Saturday, December 21, 2013

Blessed


To say that 2013 was the worst year of my life would be a vast understatement. Here I sit, however, 10 days away from the end of this horrible year and I feel so immensely blessed.

I am blessed with the three most precious baby girls I could ask for. Each day, I look at their gorgeous faces and thank God he entrusted me with these little ones. I am so thankful for their humor, their intelligence, their love, their joy, their excitement, their health, their safety, and so much more. I am privileged to be their mother and I will forever be grateful they are in my life. I am not perfect by any stretch of the imagination, but I am the perfect momma for them and they are the most perfect babies for me.

I have learned a lot about friendship and kindness this year. In the midst of my devastation, I was shown what true friendship is. I am so immensely blessed with some of the most caring friends I could ask for. A simple text from me to a friend, "I need a friend, can you come over?" and she was there within an hour. Another day, a couple of friends knew I was having a horrible day and sent me flowers at work. How amazing is that? Another thing, these girls were going through personal devastation of their own. Yet, they found time for me. As I said, I've learned so much about friendship this year, especially from these two, I will continue to strive to be a better friend to them and others as well.

Family. My family can be crazy and full of drama sometimes. When the going gets tough, they are there, supporting one another every step of the way. I am so blessed with the most amazing parents, brothers, in-laws, and extended family I could ask for.

My job is amazing. I have the world's best boss and I actually work for one of the Best Places to Work in Oklahoma. I look forward to going to work every day. My coworkers are like a second family. The work we do is challenging, rewarding, and fun. I am blessed to be able to call that place my work home for the past 8+ years.

Our church family, His Word, and His Love. I have attended church my entire life. I can honestly say I never really fully invested myself into it though, until now. It's amazing what a horrible situation can do to someone's faith. It could completely demolish it or it can do just the opposite. For me, during my despair, I found comfort in reaching out to my church family, attending church, reading His word daily, and spending time each day in prayer. It is and was a necessity of life that will not stop now that I'm on the other side and working my way back towards being a happy, joyful person. I have learned so much this year about God's love and I don't ever want to forget it.

It's silly to even talk about but I am so blessed by everything that God has provided for me.  We don't want for anything. We are able to provide for our family very comfortably and for that I am grateful.

Lastly, today I feel blessed to have a husband in my life who is 100% devoted to me and our precious girls. He is someone who constantly asks himself when faced with a decision, "How will this affect my family?" We are constantly on his mind. He seeks out opportunities to do amazing things for me. Things like showing up at my office with flowers and a cookbook I told him I wanted two hours earlier. Like sneaking flowers and a sentimental card into the front seat of my car while I am running errands at lunch. Like drawing a bath, lighting candles, turning on music, and pouring me a glass of wine so I can relax after a VERY stressful day. Like calling me and sending me loving text messages when he knows I am having a rough day and desperately need to be reassured. Like cleaning the entire house without being asked and expecting nothing in return. I could go on and on. Bottom line, I feel extremely lucky to have a man like that in my life. No doubt we have had our ups and downs. I am hoping this next year of our life together will provide many, many more ups than downs.

I am certain I missed something. There are countless things and people in my life for which I am thankful. I am determined to make 2014 the best year yet. I am confident I can make that happen as I review the list of the many blessings in my life. I hope each of you take some time to make note of what you're thankful for.

Many blessings,
Lindsey Loo

P.S. These scriptures really helped me during some really bad times. I am constantly reciting them in my head:

"I waited patiently for the Lord; and he inclined unto me, and heard my cry. He brought me up also out of a horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings. And he hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God: many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the Lord. Blessed is that man that maketh the Lord his trust, and respecteth not the proud, nor such as turn aside to lies." Psalms 40: 1-4

"And not only this, but we also exult in our tribulations, knowing that tribulation brings about perseverance; and perseverance, proven character; and proven character, hope; and hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out within our hearts through the Holy Spirit who was given to us." Romans 5:3-5






No comments:

Post a Comment