Sunday, January 5, 2014

New Year, New Everything

Last month, I wrote about how blessed I am, despite how much 2013 was the worst year of my life. Today, I am excited that, 5 days into 2014, things are already looking better than last year.

This year, like previous years, I have many goals. Last year I think I set something like 12 goals. I think I accomplished about 9 of them. Not too shabby if you ask me.

My goals this year include a focus on -

  • My relationship with God. The hubs and are are reading through the entire Bible together this year. We have not yet missed a day and are loving it. I am also making prayer a daily thing, attending church every Sunday that we're in town, and overall just focusing on living as the Lord wants me to live.
  • My marriage. Our relationship took several substantial hits last year. Needless to say we are more focused on our relationship now than we have ever been. A big part of this is a daily marriage devotional. I love our new routine.
  • My babies. I am not a perfect momma but I love my little girls fiercely. I hope to focus on becoming even better this year. Less yelling, more hugging, teaching, learning, growing. 
  • Financial. The hubs and I are very blessed but work very hard to ensure the financial stability of our family. This year, we hope to strengthen that stability and really focus on our financial future. Super nerdy but exciting stuff. 
  • Family and friends. Life is busy but family and friends are important enough to deserve your attention. I'd like to focus on those valuable relationships. 
  • Job. My career is one area I do not stress much about. The company I work for is a-maz-ing. Seriously the best. Still, I'd like to focus on becoming a better employee, manager, and co-worker to the wonderful people I'm blessed to work with. 
  • Physical. Everyone has New Year's resolution focused on something related to diet or their physical well-being. I'm pretty blessed in this area as well but there are things I'd like to focus on. I carry around about 5 more pounds than I'd like to. I'd also like to run a half marathon at the OKC Marathon in April.
That's all. Writing down goals is the first step towards accomplishing them. 

Happy New Year
Lindsey Loo

No comments:

Post a Comment