Thursday, June 30, 2011

Claire's First Month


Our precious baby girl is a month old! This time is going by way too fast - although I suppose when you've been as busy as we have in this last month, time does tend to fly.

We took baby Claire to the doctor when she was a week old - she weighed 9 pounds 2 ounces (only an ounce less than when she was born). The doctor was super-impressed with her weight-gaining ability! She just had her 1-month visit yesterday...she now weighs 11 pounds 5 ounces!

As I said, we have been pretty busy over this past month. We went to the lake two out of the last three weekends - and are heading back this weekend for the Fourth. In case you're wondering, we did take baby Claire on the boat. It was a big issue for me, being super-paranoid. Not to worry, they make infant-size life jackets to protect my precious girl.


You probably can't look at this picture without laughing...or maybe feeling sorry for Claire. I assure you she was perfectly safe and comfortable in the life vest, despite what it looks like. She had a grand ol' time, just like my other two girls.

They kept wanting to go to the back of Papa's boat to "watch the bubbles".

In addition to our lake visits, we took the big girls to swim lessons.
They don't look like they were having much fun in this picture - and they weren't. Their attitude improved as the lessons continued, however.

Side note - I have always called Lyla & Natalee "the girls" or "the babes". I can't really do that any longer now that I have a third girl in the mix. I have started calling them "the big girls", but that sounds silly to me for some reason. I have never really called them twins, so saying "the twins" makes me feel weird because it conjures up images of the female anatomy. I could refer to them as L&N, but I'm not sure I'm crazy about that either. If you have a suggestion, offer it up.

Also in the last month, we have had to clean the house numerous times on a moment's notice to make it "showing ready". Apparently all that work has paid off because we have FINALLY received a reasonable offer on our house. It is looking like we might actually get to move in to a MUCH LARGER house by the end of July. My fingers are crossed that everything goes smoothly in the next few weeks. I still don't quite believe this is actually happening.

Not too bad for the first month of my baby girl's life. I'm sure things will be just as busy over the next month, but we shall see.

I leave you with a parting picture of my girl...isn't she just the cutest little thing you've ever seen? Hehe...I love catching funny faces with the camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment