Sunday, March 6, 2011

Story Time!

I have always meant to start taking the girls to the library for story time. Well, I finally got around to it now that they are almost three years old. I can't believe I waited so long...it is so much fun!

I am always curious what the girls are like when they are around other kids. They attend a Children's Day Out once a week and I often wish I could be a fly on the wall some days. It is so fascinating to see how they interact with other people. Story time at the Moore Public Library is my opportunity to watch the girls in their element. The library has story time for kiddos several times throughout the month. So far, we have attended two Saturday morning sessions. Not only do they read stories, but they also sing songs, play games, dance, and watch videos. It's great!

If story time is any indicator of how they behave at school, my girls are very eager learners! They always select the seat right in front of the storyteller...and often try to climb in her lap to get a better view.


You can see, on this Saturday, there weren't many other kids who were interested in the story. They also like to dance!

I believe this was the start of the hokey pokey. This was so funny; I could not stop giggling at how cute they were. Natalee, especially, was really getting into it. Check out the video (pardon the poor iPhone clarity):


I think maybe the girls' favorite part of this particular Saturday was chasing bubbles:


A few weeks ago, we went back to story time, and the experience was no different.


Here are the girls, sitting right up front, working on their numbers.


The sweet girl reading the story kept having to politely ask the girls to "sit down so the others can see the book." They are just eager learners!

This is definitely an activity that we will continue. I think I enjoy it as much as the girls!

2 comments:

  1. Fun times! Avery loves the library too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blogs is nice! Please link my blog:http://nonsensebooks.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete