Thursday, January 20, 2011

Stepping into the Unknown!

Well, maybe not exactly the unknown. I know what blogs are. I'm one of those "silent blog stalkers". I secretly read tons of blogs, but never interact whatsoever with the authors. That's all about to change. Effective yesterday, I made a New Year's resolution to start a blog. So here it is. Yes, I realize it's January 20th, but better late than never, right?

There are a couple of reasons for starting such an endeavor. I'm sure my reasons are no more profound than anyone elses's reasons for starting a blog.

  1. It provides me with a pretty easy method to record my thoughts and memories. I've tried to keep a mommy journal, as I call it. I've tried to record memories of the girls first few years but I am embarassingly behind. By embarassingly I mean the last entry may have been dated May 2008! They were born in April 2008! Perhaps a blog will encourage me to actually record the memories. My hopes are that I can look back, read through the posts, and reminisce.
  2. I'd like to think I'm somewhat witty and have interesting things to say.
So there it is, that's it. Read at your own risk. I tend to be opinionated and offensive at times. Other times I might be boring...occasionally I might be funny. Either way, you're in for a treat! Any tips or feedback you can offer are welcomed!

P.S. When I told the hubs I was starting a blog he said "Ahh jeez, you're starting a blog...you're gonna be one of those people who makes one blog post and then never blogs again!" Sounds like a challenge if I've ever heard one!

As a parting thought, take a look at my baby girls...aren't they the cutest?

Photo courtesy of my talented co-worker. Check out her website to get in touch with her so she can take some awesome photos of your family!

2 comments:

  1. LOL! I started blogging again on January 1st. I was tired of people telling me stories about my kids that I'd blogged a long time ago and forgotten. I'll have to add you to my reader.

    ReplyDelete